EXCLUSIVE – Munore coming back after being binned by employer

0
927
Mark Robinson / Hatton Promotions
Munroe quit after last year’s defeat to Scott Quigg for the interim WBA super-bantamweight title – and planned to go back to his job on the bins.
But his former employers refused to have him back – and the former Commonwealth and European champ will relaunch his career in home town Leicester on May 12.
“If they had me back on the bins, I wouldn’t be boxing again,” admitted the 32 year-old.
“It was the perfect job for me. I was outside, exercising, seeing people and enjoying myself. I was there for eight years and I only had one day off sick when they sent me home.
“We worked as a team. I was never disrespectful, did my work well and never had any disciplinary problems.
“I always said I would go back on the bins when I stopped boxing.
“I’ve been told they won’t have me back because I’ve got an attitude problem and that’s rubbish.”
Munroe will return at either super-featherweight or lightweight and added: “I had been making 8st 10lbs for a long time and I don’t think keeping my weight down for all those years did me any good.
“I’m still eating healthily and now I’m eating more.
“I’ve been sparring and it’s definitely still there.
“I won’t say I feel better than I used to, but I’m enjoying the training more now. “
Munroe reckons he lacked motivation going into his rematch with Quigg last November that ended in a six-round stoppage defeat.
He said: “I had worked hard, proved I was good enough to fight at world level and ended up fighting at domestic level again. I struggled to get up for the fight, but I know I can still be a world champion.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here